jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Suhail M. Ahmed" <ilya...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Lifetime of a session?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:46:12 GMT
Hi Sylvain,

The Session object is returned on performing a login on the repository.
Looking at RepositoryIml you will see

  Session ses = new XASessionImpl(this, lc, wspInfo.getConfig());
  activeSessions.put(ses, ses);

You should I think couple the repository session life cycle to your
http session life cycle. I haven't dug deeper in to the object graph
derived from session so I can't say anything about the thread safety of
Item and its sub classes. I do see some nifty synchronization in the
content store implementation so I would think that at that level things
are thread safe. I think the optimum route is to use a session listener
to login and logout from the repository.

Suhail