jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Mangold <pascal.mang...@obinary.com>
Subject Re: JCR-based wiki or weblog?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:13:17 GMT
hello david

David Nuescheler wrote about a jsr-170 wiki:
> 1) i would certainly be insterested in being involved in the
> nodetype/namespace design.
> 2) i think there should not be any dependencies beyond jsr-170
> to any cms.

would like to see such applications as a piece of jackrabbit to bring
jsr-170 beyond a repository-api? If so, do you really think it makes
sense to write complex applications such as a digital asset management
on top of jsr-170

I thought jsr-170 should give us the possibility to use a standardized
and exchangeable way to access content repositories and let the
"market" rule on applications?

Please advise me if i see things wrong! Or explain me the focus of
Jackrabbit and jsr-170 beyond 1.0

regards,
Pascal