jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mapping Layer needed?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:19:39 GMT
hi sandro,

thanks for your post, i think it is a very interesting topic.

as a matter of fact i discussed things like a hibernate or
jdo layer on top of jcr with a couple of people, and if
i haven't completely misread your first post may be
a similar proposition.

i personally (of course ;)) believe that a repository may offer
a very good persistence layer for things like POJO's in
particular  with respect to features like inheritance, which
particularly for RDBMSes are unnatural to handle.

thoughts??

regards,
david

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:18:16 +0100, Sandro Böhme <s.boehme@inovex.de> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> as there is no feedback - do I miss something? Would'nt it be best
> practice to map the business logic java bean classes to node types?
> E.g. an OrderBean with the property orderItem would map to an
> "Order"-NodeType with a ChildNodeDef "OrderItem". Assuming the
> "OrderItem"-NodeType (or it's ChildNodeDef's) has all needed atomic
> properties (PropertyDef's).
> In my opinion, creating an initial node type hierarchy out of java beans
> shouldn't be that hard as a first step. Of course, keeping the mapping
> during remove or rename tasks for node types would be harder. I just
> don't want to start working on it, if anybody of you already know that I
> missed something and it makes no sense in this way.
> Thank you in advance for your time.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sandro
>
> Sandro Böhme wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > in our project I would like to generate the JCR nodetype structure out
> > of a java bean class structure. If I'am right I think it is needed quite
> > often and I wonder if there is already such a library around. Does
> > anybody know of such a library? If not, I would try to create a first
> > version of it.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Sandro

standardize your content-repository !