jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of incubation?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:18:56 GMT
hi jos,

> So this seems to be a typical application which is a good fit for a
> JSR 170 repository:
i agree.

> - reading can be done by a request specifying an ID.
well, i would agrue that from a uri perspective it might be nicer
to specify the path rather than a uuid

> - people can browse the keywords hierarchy (2 or 3 levels) to find
> related documents.
sounds like a good fit for a hierarchical path based system ;)

> So I think JackRabbit should suffice. Versioning is not asked for by
> the customers, but with a little effort, we could provide that.
i agree, i would even argue with virtually no effort.

if you connect to http://jsr170tools.day.com/crx/repository
with your webdav client (for example windows explorers webfolders)
and create your hierarchies as folders and drop your pdf files in
there i think this could be a good start for a simple underlying
information model.
i would extend nt:folder to something like a
myapp:category and add the properties that are required.

regards,
david