jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of incubation?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:46:33 GMT
> > not to rush anyone, but is there a plan when JackRabbit will come out
> > of incubation and move to a 1.0 release? This would help acceptance
> > for in-house use.
of course i agree with everything stefano responded.

i would like to re-iterate what michi mentioned with respect to the 
fact that releases are not tied to incubation exit. 

also, i think a design decision should be made on the 
basis of jsr-170, not necessarily a particular implementation. 
this means that your primary dependency should be the 
final release of jsr-170, especially since you will be building
your application against that api, and through that you will at 
any point have the possibility to switch between opensource 
and commercial implementations for your content repository 
infrastructure, without having to touch you application.

with that in mind the release schedule and maturity of 
jackrabbit becomes a little bit less of an issue, with 
respect to the viability of going with a jsr-170 design.

regards,
david

Mime
View raw message