jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jos Potargent <jos.potarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Out of incubation?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:43:16 GMT
David,

the application is a document publishing repository, that is mostly
used for reading by a community.

The editing is done by editors in their own editing systems. Using a
publishing engine a PDF representation (or other read-only
representation) of the finished document, is stored in the publishing
repository, where the documents can be read by the community.

So this seems to be a typical application which is a good fit for a
JSR 170 repository:
- reading can be done by a request specifying an ID.
- people can browse the keywords hierarchy (2 or 3 levels) to find
related documents.

So I think JackRabbit should suffice. Versioning is not asked for by
the customers, but with a little effort, we could provide that.

Regards,

Jos