jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jos Potargent <jos.potarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of incubation?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:12:49 GMT
Thank you, Stefano and David, your answers are clear and to the point.

Maybe I can rephrase the question: how "production-ready" is
JackRabbit to base a JSR-170 repository application on. I hadn't had
the opportunity to test everything, but:

1) is it fully JSR-170 compliant at this moment? Or are there still
some missing issues that should be addressed?

2) I read about the potential "Windows File System" problem that could
lack performance. But when I would deploy it on a Unix system, would
it be performant enough? Or stable enough?

These are more important issues than being in or out incubation phase.



On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:46:33 -0800, David Nuescheler
<david.nuescheler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > not to rush anyone, but is there a plan when JackRabbit will come out
> > > of incubation and move to a 1.0 release? This would help acceptance
> > > for in-house use.
> of course i agree with everything stefano responded.
> i would like to re-iterate what michi mentioned with respect to the
> fact that releases are not tied to incubation exit.
> also, i think a design decision should be made on the
> basis of jsr-170, not necessarily a particular implementation.
> this means that your primary dependency should be the
> final release of jsr-170, especially since you will be building
> your application against that api, and through that you will at
> any point have the possibility to switch between opensource
> and commercial implementations for your content repository
> infrastructure, without having to touch you application.
> with that in mind the release schedule and maturity of
> jackrabbit becomes a little bit less of an issue, with
> respect to the viability of going with a jsr-170 design.
> regards,
> david

View raw message