jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javadocs (Was: Re: Adivce about session)
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:20:19 GMT
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:07:17 -0000, Simon Gash
<Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> I just had a look at the package.htm stuff mmmmmm, I know I can't be too
> critical (you haven't seen any of my code) but any documentation would
> be really, really useful. I've always used the JSR170 as the jackrabbit
> manual but descriptions in code  can accelerate a developers
> understanding of the code enormously. This in turn should enable the
> non-committers to open up a much better dialogue with you guys.

absolutely agreed. but we're still struggling with completeing the
implementation of jcr 0.16.12 and 0.16.4 is already lurking around
the corner :(

i have rewritten large areas of jackrabbit (or its former incarnation in the
slide project) multiple times over the course of the last 2 years, trying
to keep pace with the ever changing spec. getting jackrabbit and the tck
feature complete has IMO absolute priority. i'll start working on improving
javadoc once i got the more important items off my todo list.

cheers
stefan

be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.