jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: namespaces
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:33:12 GMT
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:53:49 -0500, Stefano Mazzocchi
<stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:18:52 +0100, Felix Röthenbacher
> > <felix.roethenbacher@wyona.com> wrote:

> >>I think the answer above is a little bit oversimplified.
> >>AFAICS there is no support for xpath predicates when using
> >>session.exportDocView(). Only an absolute path is allowed.
> >>But maybe someone else knows better ...
> >

> > what makes you believe that you can use xpath predicates
> > in a jcr path???
> >
> > please, do your homework and read the spec before asking
> > such basic questions. i guess that's not asked too much.
> >
> > here's a hint: see 4.6 Path Syntax
>
> Stefan, in case you didn't notice, here we are trying to build a
> community, not just to implement a spec, and it's already hard without
> you alienating people for how they interact with this project.
>
> If you feel annoyed by the lack of pro-activity on other people's side,
> you are welcome not to reply and ignore them.

fair enough. although i think that people on the list should be encouraged
to have at least a look at the api documentation before they ask
a basic  question about an api method in the development list i accept
your advice and i'll let other people answer them.

cheers
stefan