jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAAS support
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:40:51 GMT
hi bertrand,

thanks for the patch. unfortunately it doesn't solve the issue and
it is imo dangerous. setting predefined system properties
from within an application can cause unpredictable side effects
and should be avoided.

please see the thread "Pluggable authentication" for a suggested
solution.

btw:

>  * As the current implementation uses the <code>com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile</code>
>   * as the current provider for the login configuration, the application

this is not correct. jackrabbit has no dependencies on
com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile. all it does is

lc = new LoginContext("name", callbackHandler);

i.e. it uses the installed Configuration, what ever that might be.

>  * All that is very boring and breaks compatibility.

sorry, i don't agree. i don't see why this would be 'boring'.
and what 'compatibilty' does it break?

cheers
stefan