jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring config handling
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:13:34 GMT
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:01:42 +0200, Jukka Zitting <jz@yukatan.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sylvain Wallez asked:
> > What about also removing the use of JDOM? That would remove a dependency
> > that isn't core to Jackrabbit.
>
> JDOM is also used by the node type and XML persistence manager code, so
> the dependency would not be removed by a simple refactoring of the
> config code.
>
> That being said, I don't see any problems in replacing JDOM with
> standard DOM code in the config code. A few more lines of code perhaps,
> but nothing noticeable.

apart from the current code in the config package, there are only
2 other dependencies:

NodeTypeDefStore: reading/writing node type definitions to/from an xml document
XMLPersistenceManager: reading ItemSate from xml document

i used jdom because it was conveniant and i was too lazy to use dom ;)

so, +1 for removing the jdom dependency from the core

however, i am quite busy right now and it's not at the top of my
priority list. if anybody else would like to do that, please go ahead.

cheers
stefan