jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pluggable authentication
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:35:06 GMT
hi silvain,

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:31:16 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While the new JAAS support is cool, it is not applicable in all
> situations, either because a specific authentication system exists with
> or because the JVM-wide settings required by JAAS can't be used.
>
> So what about a pluggable authentication/authorization in
> repository.xml? Are there plans for this, or should I do it?

regarding pluggable authorization:
i am currently working on a configurable access manager
which i'm hopefully able to commit today or tomorrow.

regarding pluggable authentication:
i am not sure if i understand you correctly. are you talking of
configuring the LoginModule in repository.xml instead of making
use of the standard JAAS configuration mechanism?

or are you talking of a custom, non-JAAS authentication mechanism?
in that case i would prefer using standard JAAS authentication
(i.e. LoginModule) only. either way, it's eventually a configuration issue.
you have to configure it either in a jaas.config or in repository.xml.
i don't see a benefit in having also the latter option.

cheers
stefan