jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring config handling
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:59:39 GMT
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Would anyone mind if I had a go at refactoring the config classes?
> >
> >I'd like to do the following:
> >
> >   * Move all XML handling to a separate ConfigurationParser class
> >   * Clean up and document the *Config classes
> >   * Get rid of the messy AbstractConfig class
> >

> What about also removing the use of JDOM? That would remove a depencency
> that isn't core to Jackrabbit.

unfortunately jdom1.0 is not backward compatible to earlier versions,
but jackrabbit makes use of it. this hinders jackrabbit to run inside
environments that use a pre 1.0 jdom library (e.g. weblogic).

i opt for removing jdom completely and only base on org.w3c.dom. this
also drops a dependency, since org.w3c.dom is part of the java 1.4
api.

cheers, tobi
--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel