jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Javadocs (Was: Re: Adivce about session)
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:35:28 GMT
I know its tough on you guys, and you've done incredibly well with a
shifting target. However, if a committer should fancy adding a comment
as he passes over the code then I would encourage him to go for it, I
know I'll read and appreciate it.

I was just trying to encourage Juka who was tempted to add some
documentation as he goes. I'm not in anyway suggesting that you should
stop what you are doing and start documenting everything now. I'm quite
happy to wait for the glossy brochure once the JSR170 is agreed ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 March 2005 16:20
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Javadocs (Was: Re: Adivce about session)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:07:17 -0000, Simon Gash
<Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> I just had a look at the package.htm stuff mmmmmm, I know I can't be
> too critical (you haven't seen any of my code) but any documentation
> would be really, really useful. I've always used the JSR170 as the
> jackrabbit manual but descriptions in code  can accelerate a
> developers understanding of the code enormously. This in turn should
> enable the non-committers to open up a much better dialogue with you
guys.

absolutely agreed. but we're still struggling with completeing the
implementation of jcr 0.16.12 and 0.16.4 is already lurking around the
corner :(

i have rewritten large areas of jackrabbit (or its former incarnation in
the slide project) multiple times over the course of the last 2 years,
trying to keep pace with the ever changing spec. getting jackrabbit and
the tck feature complete has IMO absolute priority. i'll start working
on improving javadoc once i got the more important items off my todo
list.

cheers
stefan

be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and
88th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.