jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Javadocs (Was: Re: Adivce about session) - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:07:17 GMT
I just had a look at the package.htm stuff mmmmmm, I know I can't be too
critical (you haven't seen any of my code) but any documentation would
be really, really useful. I've always used the JSR170 as the jackrabbit
manual but descriptions in code  can accelerate a developers
understanding of the code enormously. This in turn should enable the
non-committers to open up a much better dialogue with you guys.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jz@yukatan.fi]
Sent: 17 March 2005 13:43
To: Jackrabbit
Subject: Javadocs (Was: Re: Adivce about session) - Bayesian Filter
detected spam

Hi,

Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> brave man ;) i know that there needs lots to be done in the javadoc
> department,

BTW, every now and then when I've been strolling around the source tree
I've thought about leaving short Javadoc notes behind to clarify some
issues and to add missing documentation. I haven't done so mostly to
avoid touching too many files and stepping on anyones toes.

Would it make sense to open an unassigned Jira meta-issue for such small
Javadoc improvements? The issue could be an open mandate to make
document-only commits to all parts of Jackrabbit. Non-committers could
attach Javadoc patches to the issue for inclusion in Jackrabbit.

Alternatively, if the Jira approach seems troublesome, we could specify
a commit keyword like "JCR-DOC" that could be used to label such
document commits.

Comments?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.