jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Adivce about session - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:57:22 GMT
Ah my plan may actually work :) thanks for your time Dominique.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Pfister [mailto:dominique.pfister@day.com]
Sent: 17 March 2005 15:51
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adivce about session - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Simon Gash wrote:
> Ah, I see what you mean. I guess I was just thinking about two
> different types of user, content authors (these would use the
> repository in the fashion you described a proper JCR user) and
> anonymous users (a huge number of people who just read from the
> repository but will never write).
>
> Those who are just reading from the workspace could share the same
> session cache hence increasing scalability. On the other hand I might
> have missed something really obvious !!!!

I don't think so :-) Every anonymous user could actually use the same
session, see the same content and benefit from the caches being filled
with every request.

Regards
Dominique

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.