jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Adivce about session - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:35:16 GMT
Ah, I see what you mean. I guess I was just thinking about two different
types of user, content authors (these would use the repository in the
fashion you described a proper JCR user) and anonymous users (a huge
number of people who just read from the repository but will never
write).

Those who are just reading from the workspace could share the same
session cache hence increasing scalability. On the other hand I might
have missed something really obvious !!!!

Thanks

Si

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Pfister [mailto:dominique.pfister@day.com]
Sent: 17 March 2005 13:09
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adivce about session - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Simon Gash wrote:
> If I could leave the 'session' object up and running on a web box
> servicing a huge number of requests I would be able to scale the
> solution (as all the caches are full of juicy data servicing millions
> of requests). The bit I don't understand is how, many users can
> utilize the same session without causing authorisation problems.

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly: are you talking about
web users or JCR users? Every JCR session is tied to exactly one JCR
user (the one passed to the Repository.login method). Of course,
different users potentially have different authorisation settings and
therefore letting one user access the caches of another violates
authorisation. Just keep in mind that all caches I explained are purely
session-specific and hence represent the selected workspace's view of
that user's session.

Regards
Dominique

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.