jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Adivce about session - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:29:55 GMT
I would agree any expensive resource usage is going to affect
scalability, hence a keeping a session open should improve scalability.
However I thought that a session is tied to a user and workspace. Surely
this would cause problems ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Pfister [mailto:dominique.pfister@day.com]
Sent: 16 March 2005 16:28
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adivce about session - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Bertrand LEGA wrote:
> Personnally, I would prefer the solution 2.
> What do you think about it ?

Well, creating a session on every processing of a JSP page would rather
be expensive. There are a lot of components inside Jackrabbit that are
tied to a session and maintain internal caches that speed up processing
and therefore assembling and discarding this information on every JSP
invocation would be a pity. For this reason I would also tend to
solution 2.

Regards
Dominique

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.