jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Adivce about session
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:32:19 GMT
Has anyone done any scalability testing with jackrabbit, its on my
agenda for the next couple of weeks and I was wondering if any of you
JackRabbit fans have already done some and fancy sharing your results /
thoughts...

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar Poce [mailto:edgarpoce@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 March 2005 16:29
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adivce about session

Hi

Bertrand LEGA wrote:
> I would be glad to hear your thoughts about using the jcr session in a

> J2EE web application.
>
> Basically, there are two solutions :
>
> 1. create a session to the jcr each time a page access to the
> repository. It is basically what's the jcr tags propose to do :

>   The session is destroyed when the processing of the jsp page is
done.
>   2. Create a jcr session when the HttpSession is created and use it
> during the user session (ie the jcr session stored in the
httpsession).
> This jcr session is destroyed when the HttpSession will be (using a
> HttpSessionListener for example).

Both approaches are supported in the jcr taglib.

the example 2 would be

in a SessionListener:
session.setAttribute("mySessionKey",mySession)

in jsp:
    <jcr:nodes node="/" var="node" traverserDepth="1"
session="mySessionKey">
       <c:out value="${node.path}"/>
    </jcr:nodes>

> Personnally, I would prefer the solution 2.
me too

> What do you think about it ?
> Do you know if tests had been carried with a important number of
> concurrent sessions (100-1000) ?
>

> Regards,
> Bertrand.

regards
edgar

> confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not
> the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,

> copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part
> thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the
> sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.