jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeState, PropertyState and NodeReferences collection handling
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:31:07 GMT
Hi

  I know this thread is not very popular :( no replies yet)  but now I
have a better understanding of this issues because I've been working in
a JDBCPersistenceManager and I'd like to share some thoughts.

- NodeReferences collection handling (JCR-74):
Sorry for creating the issue :(, now I think it can be closed. Since
references are stored as PropertyStates, NodeReferences store actions
are redundant. An add/remove/modify aware object is unnecesary because
there's already one for PropertyStates.

- NodeState. Parents and Child Node entries collection handling
A single add/remove/modify aware object for child node entries would be
very useful. If a NodeState is added or removed both parent and child
are stored, a ChildNodeEntryChangeLog would be enough to notify the
PersistenceManager about changes in parents and children.

- PropertyState. InternalValues collection handling
An add/remove/modify aware object would be an improvement. This would
reduce the overhead of writing all the values for multivalue properties.
This is particularly important in networked deployments. I think that an
InternalValueId would be needed and it should have the following fields:
uuid, name, index and type.

Any feedback is appreciated.

regards
edgar