jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch for ORM persistence project
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:49:54 GMT
Hi serge

Edgar Poce wrote:
 >  I'm trying to remove all the ORM specific objects.

the result was not successful :(. Unfortunately I couldn't find the way.

btw, while diving in the code I found a couple of issues.

1. Blob internal values are stored in a byte array before creating a
BlobFileValue. It causes an unnecessary overhead and it might cause an
out of memory error. I think the ORM Object should delegate in a
BlobFileValue instance the reading bytes task.

2. The other internal values are stored in a VARCHAR(100), it might
cause data loss. I don't know whether jackrabbit has any limitation
regarding the String value length. If it hasn't, it should be stored in
a TEXT column.

Both issues are common to both implementations. I didn't write a patch
because I never used hibernate :(.

regards
edgar