jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch for ORM persistence project
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:26:32 GMT
Hi serge

I'm making major changes in the OJB PM in order to improve performance.
I'm trying to remove all the ORM specific objects.
OJB uses transparent persistence: Persistent classes don't have to
inherit from a persistent base class or to implement an interface, so
I'm using the OJB features to persist the jackrabbit objects directly to
the database. Instead of ORM objects I'm using OJB specific features
like RowReader and FieldConversion. I think this improvement would
tackle most of the "unnecesary complexity issue".

So, you can focus on the hibernate while I work on OJB, WDYT?.

regards
edgar