jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Patch for ORM persistence project
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:08:31 GMT
Dominique Pfister wrote:

> Edgar Poce wrote:
>
>> hi serge
>>
>> Now. I think that the error log you sent in a previous mail was not
>> caused by a problem in the PM implementation. The exception is thrown
>> when the test is succesful.
>>
>> The XATest says:
>>         // assertion: commit must fail since integrity violated
>>         try {
>>             utx.commit();
>>             fail("Commit succeeds with violated integrity");
>>         } catch (RollbackException e) {
>>             /* expected */
>>         }
>>
>> So, I think you shouldn't worry for this error. Or am I missing
>> something?
>

> No, you're absolutely right (I was lazy enough not to check what test
> caused that stack trace). The commit is supposed to fail because a
> node that was referenced by session A in a transaction has been
> removed by session B and hence the commit should fail. Of course, the
> stack trace output on the console is ugly and I will remove it asap.

Well the problem is that it doesn't fail in the right place. I agree
that the test has to fail, but it should fail in the code that tests
references, while in the case of my implementation it was failing while
trying to retrieve the references from the database.

For some reason I don't understand, the
Hibernate/OJBPersistenceManager's store(NodeReferences) method never
gets called, and I think the problem lies in finding out why that is the
case.

Regards,
  Serge...