jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject NodeState, PropertyState and NodeReferences collection handling
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:09:00 GMT
Hi

After the conversation with dominique I created the JCR-74 issue. I
think that the same argument can be applied to other cases in order to
deal with the following limitation: lack of Add/Remove/Modify-aware
objects for collections that might have lots of items. IMHO the current
design is too coupled to the initial PM implementations and it yields a
performance drawback for more efficient strategies. This is particularly
important in networked deployments.

I think there should be a/r/m-aware objects for the following members:

in NodeState
- children references
- properties references.

in PropertyState
- Internal values. not sure about this, but I think that with the
current design the best practice would be: try not to use binary multi
valued properties with many items, every value in the array will be
mapped on any PropertyState write and load operation, is it correct?.

in NodeReferences
- references (JIRA JCR-74)

I'm evaluating Jackrabbit for handling a big amount of data and these
points seems to be quite important. Is there any known limitation
regarding this kind of use?

WDYT?

regards
Edgar