jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: References
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:34:27 GMT
Serge Huber wrote:
> Basically the problem I'm having is that it seems there never is an
> entry in the ChangeLog for a new reference. Why would this happen ? How
> do we determine if a reference needs to be stored ?

Well, it is ItemImpl.save() that checks for dirty references and that
invokes LocalItemStateManager.store() for every one of them. The
LocalItemStateManager itself stores them inside the ChangeLog after
checking the validity. The local ChangeLog will later feed the shared
ChangeLog inside SharedItemStateManager which ultimately hands them over
to the PersistenceManager. Note, that you if make references to the
version store you won't see NodeReferences inside the ChangeLog.

What did you try when you observed that new references are not stored in
the ChangeLog?

Regards
Dominique