jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: re-opening jira/browse/JCR-62 about xml:lang etc.
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:51:01 GMT
Tobias Strasser wrote:

>hi michi,
>the problem arises when someone creates a node or property with a xml
>reserved namespace, for example: xml:myProperty. when exporting (as
>docview), it would result in a xml document having an attribute or an
>element using a xml reserved namespace.

finally understand the reasoning. thanks for the explanation

>as mentioned in [1]:
>Namespace Constraint: Leading "XML"
>Prefixes beginning with the three-letter sequence x, m, l, in any case
>combination, are reserved for use by XML and XML-related
>specifications.
>
>the jsr170 specification will be altered in a way that
>importing/exporting xml reserved properties or nodes are allowed.

ok, so I guess in the meantime we just patch

if (atts.getQName(i).startsWith("xml:")) {

of

org/apache/jackrabbit/core/xml/DocViewImportHandler.java

ourselves in order to allow the reserved ones, e.g. xml:lang or xml:id

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner