jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using cqfs within Apache Lenya
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:28:50 GMT
Hi michi

> Could the vfs contrib be used as alternative?
No, there's no benefit on using the vfs local file system over
jackrabbit LocalFileSystem, it would be just an innecessary layer. Both
implementations do more or less the same.

vfs provides a framework for writing custom file systems, I think it
might help in a few cases. e.g. I use a memory filesystem for testing.
But it's far from being an option for production.

IMHO, for now, the best os option is LocalFileSystem despite the
performance problems in windows boxes.

 > or is somebody else working on an alternative?
According to stefan the best option would be a b-tree database like
berkeley db. It seems the Michael Aemisegger is interested in writing a
BTreePersistenceManager for berkeley db. And I'm doing some research for
writing one for xindice.

> Thanks
>
> Michi

regards