jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: using cqfs within Apache Lenya
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:11:50 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> The license of cqfs is saying:
>>
>> <<
>> Day Management AG or ("Day") is pleased to offer you use of this content
>> repository and tools for non-commercial use.
>> >>

>> and
>>
>> <<
>> The software is owned by Day and therefore,
>> unless you have received Day's prior written permission to do so, you
>> may not market, rent, lease, distribute or sublicense the software, and
>> you may not disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivatives of the
>> software.
>> >>

>> so I guess it's clear that if we want to use and distribute cqfs with
>> Apache Lenya we need the written permission of Day.
>

> That's more complicated than that, as the licence also applies to
> users of Lenya. So this written permission constraint conflicts with
> the ASL. Not talking about the simple fact that its not opensource
> that also conflicts with the licence.

right, that's why I started this thread here. In the end it's up to Day
to decide
and I can understand if Day might want to keep it proprietary, because
it might
not fit with their business model.

But I think it's important to know what will be in the near future,
because if
Day wants to keep it "proprietary" then I think we better start with an
alternative.

Thanks

Michi

--