jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: using cqfs within Apache Lenya
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:21:51 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

>hi michael,
>

>><<
>>Day Management AG or ("Day") is pleased to offer you use of this content
>>repository and tools for non-commercial use.
>>

>><<
>>The software is owned by Day and therefore,
>>unless you have received Day's prior written permission to do so, you
>>may not market, rent, lease, distribute or sublicense the software, and
>>you may not disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivatives of the
>>software.
>>

>license terms can be changed ;).

seriously? :-) what about using Apache license?

I don't want to hurt Day's business model, but for Apache Lenya
(and I guess other projects as well) it would be very good to have
an Apache licensed cqfs or an alternative.

>do you have any suggestions for minor
>adaptations?

just the minor switch to the Apache license ;-)

> btw. currently cqfs is not distributed by apache but
>downloaded by maven ;)

I know and that's the way how we do it within the Apache Lenya sandbox

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/sandbox/jcrsitetree/

but redistributing of binary versions and deploying at companies
the Apache license would help.

Thanks

Michi

--