jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject using cqfs within Apache Lenya
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:32:30 GMT
Hi

The license of cqfs is saying:

<<
Day Management AG or ("Day") is pleased to offer you use of this content
repository and tools for non-commercial use.

and

<<
The software is owned by Day and therefore,
unless you have received Day's prior written permission to do so, you
may not market, rent, lease, distribute or sublicense the software, and
you may not disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivatives of the
software.

so I guess it's clear that if we want to use and distribute cqfs with
Apache Lenya we need the written permission of Day.

I can understand Day's requirement, but does that actually make sense
for Apache?
Does it make sense for Day?

Could the vfs contrib be used as alternative or is somebody else working
on an alternative?

Thanks

Michi

--