jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sandro Böhme <s.boe...@inovex.de>
Subject Re: Mapping Layer needed?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:18:16 GMT
Hello again,

as there is no feedback - do I miss something? Would'nt it be best
practice to map the business logic java bean classes to node types?
E.g. an OrderBean with the property orderItem would map to an
"Order"-NodeType with a ChildNodeDef "OrderItem". Assuming the
"OrderItem"-NodeType (or it's ChildNodeDef's) has all needed atomic
properties (PropertyDef's).
In my opinion, creating an initial node type hierarchy out of java beans
shouldn't be that hard as a first step. Of course, keeping the mapping
during remove or rename tasks for node types would be harder. I just
don't want to start working on it, if anybody of you already know that I
missed something and it makes no sense in this way.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,

Sandro