jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Adivce about session
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:09:05 GMT
Simon Gash wrote:
> If I could leave the 'session' object up and running on a web box
> servicing a huge number of requests I would be able to scale the
> solution (as all the caches are full of juicy data servicing millions of
> requests). The bit I don't understand is how, many users can utilize the
> same session without causing authorisation problems.

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly: are you talking about
web users or JCR users? Every JCR session is tied to exactly one JCR
user (the one passed to the Repository.login method). Of course,
different users potentially have different authorisation settings and
therefore letting one user access the caches of another violates
authorisation. Just keep in mind that all caches I explained are purely
session-specific and hence represent the selected workspace's view of
that user's session.

Regards
Dominique