jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: creation of a user mailing list
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:13:56 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Would it make sense to create a user mailing list for Jackrabbit?
>>
>> I am aware that traffic might not be so high yet and it's good
>> to see for devs what users have trouble with but I think it would be
>> good
>> anyway.
>

> No, just because some developers (and some users!) lack a little
> patience, we should not fragment our, already thin, community. I don't
> think the traffic justifies it.

I understand your point, but on the other hand it seems to me that quite
a lot
of people are afraid posting user related questions to the dev list or
maybe I am just the only stupid one or maybe not digging deep enough person.

I would subscribe to both lists of course ;-)

Maybe it would be a good idea for other future incubator projects not to
call a mailing list *-dev if there is actually just one mailing list at
the very beginning.

On the other hand I am not sure how other people react and feel about
the "dev" within the mailing list.

Anyway, I guess we just need a bit patience into both directions and
then this project will blossom very nicely, because I think it's a
really nice project with fine devs behind it.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner