jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Adivce about session
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:52:58 GMT
Simon Gash wrote:
> I would agree any expensive resource usage is going to affect
> scalability, hence a keeping a session open should improve scalability.
> However I thought that a session is tied to a user and workspace. Surely
> this would cause problems ?

Sorry for not being clear enough. Jackrabbit's javax.jcr.Session
implementation creates some helper objects that help maintain and cache
the states of items. Losing the information inside those helper objects
was what I was referring to when talking about "components that are tied
to a session".

Regards
Dominique

be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.