jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand LEGA <bertrand.l...@capgemini.com>
Subject Adivce about session
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:04:11 GMT

Hello,

I would be glad to hear your thoughts about using the jcr session in a
J2EE web application.

Basically, there are two solutions :

 1. create a session to the jcr each time a page access to the
repository. It is basically what's the jcr tags propose to do :

       <!-- This tag creates a jcr session -->
       <jcr:session>

         <!-- do the stuff using the session created previously -->
         <jcr:nodes node="/" var="node" traverserDepth="1">
              <c:out value="${node.path}"/>
          </jcr:nodes>

       </jcr:session>
   The session is destroyed when the processing of the jsp page is done.

   2. Create a jcr session when the HttpSession is created and use it
during the user session (ie the jcr session stored in the httpsession).
This jcr session is destroyed when the HttpSession will be (using a
HttpSessionListener for example).

Personnally, I would prefer the solution 2.
What do you think about it ?
Do you know if tests had been carried with a important number of
concurrent sessions (100-1000) ?

Regards,
Bertrand.