jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: namespaces
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:53:44 GMT
Hi Michi,

Michael Wechner wrote:
> What about a utility class translating XPath into JCR Path syntax?
> Does something like that exist yet? It seems to me that would be quite nice
> to have, but I understand that the question does it actually make sense
> needs
> to be answered or found out first.

You probably found out already that that a jcr path is not the same as a
XPath expression, so this is just for all the other lazy ones ;)

A jcr path will always point to only one single item (node or property).
whereas a XPath expression may select a set of items. that's actually
the main difference with the two paths. which makes it obvious that
XPath cannot be translated into a jcr path.

cheers
  marcel