jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: namespaces
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:38:17 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:18:52 +0100, Felix Röthenbacher
><felix.roethenbacher@wyona.com> wrote:
>

>>Tobias Strasser wrote:
>>

>>>well: "/*[local-name()='hugo' and
>>>namespace-uri()='http://foo.bar.org']" is not a valid path :-)
>>>

>>I think the answer above is a little bit oversimplified.
>>AFAICS there is no support for xpath predicates when using
>>session.exportDocView(). Only an absolute path is allowed.
>>But maybe someone else knows better ...
>>

>what makes you believe that you can use xpath predicates
>in a jcr path???

wouldn't that make sense since one can export it as XML?

What about a utility class translating XPath into JCR Path syntax?
Does something like that exist yet? It seems to me that would be quite nice
to have, but I understand that the question does it actually make sense
needs
to be answered or found out first.

>please, do your homework and read the spec before asking
>such basic questions. i guess that's not asked too much.

agreed, but on the other hand things look very simple if
one is familiar with the matter, whereas it isn't so simple
when one isn't.

>here's a hint: see 4.6 Path Syntax

thanks for the pointer.

Michi