jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: attributes with xml namespace not being imported?
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:44:19 GMT
Tobias Strasser wrote:

>no this has nothing to do with issue  JCR-61 - or do you also have an
>element named 'xml:lang' ? guess not :-)

no, I meant "similar" in the sense that the spec is not clear about
this  ;-)

>as far as i remember, namespace prefixes beginning with 'xml' are not
>allowed in names in a jcr170 repository.

I am not that familiar with the spec, but what would be the reason
not to allow them? I think a lot of usecases would be locked out because
of this and one would probably have to do mapping on a user defined
namespace.

Thanks

Michi

--