jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: exportXML?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:00:43 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>michi,
>
>please read the spec. "6.5 Exporting Repository Content" answers your questions.

thanks for the pointer

>btw: you should try a little harder to find the information before
>posting such questions.

well, I grepped the code for "export" and actually found the methods in
SessionImpl, but
my brain was kind of looking for a method returning a DOM Document and
my brain wasn't flexible enough to realize that the API just offers an
export through a ContentHandler.

btw, for my usecase I use:

org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMBuilder domBuilder = new
org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMBuilder();
session.exportDocView("/live/_pre10:site", domBuilder, true, false);
document = domBuilder.getDocument();
log.debug("Root Element Name: " +
document.getDocumentElement().getTagName());

whereas I still need to figure out how have to handle the namespace
correctly.

Any pointers welcome, but will try to figure out myself ;-)

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner