jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: exportXML?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:00:43 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>please read the spec. "6.5 Exporting Repository Content" answers your questions.

thanks for the pointer

>btw: you should try a little harder to find the information before
>posting such questions.

well, I grepped the code for "export" and actually found the methods in
SessionImpl, but
my brain was kind of looking for a method returning a DOM Document and
my brain wasn't flexible enough to realize that the API just offers an
export through a ContentHandler.

btw, for my usecase I use:

org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMBuilder domBuilder = new
session.exportDocView("/live/_pre10:site", domBuilder, true, false);
document = domBuilder.getDocument();
log.debug("Root Element Name: " +

whereas I still need to figure out how have to handle the namespace

Any pointers welcome, but will try to figure out myself ;-)

>On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:20:26 +0100, Michael Wechner
><michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:
>>Does something like "exportXML" exist similar to session.importXML(...)
>>just the other
>>way around? (Maybe I have missed something, but I didn't find anything
>>like that)
>>Michael Wechner
>>Wyona Inc.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya
>>http://www.wyona.com                      http://lenya.apache.org
>>michael.wechner@wyona.com                        michi@apache.org

Michael Wechner