jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: WebDAV/CalDAV and remote content stores
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:23:21 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

> personally i would be very interested in porting some of
> the datamodel behind calendaring to nodetypes.
> like the vcalendar, vevent and so forth.

what are your specific thoughts in this regard? do you
imagine "promoting" iCalendar properties to node properties
and storing the iCalendar body as a data property? if so,
what would happen when somebody uses WebDAV to change one of
these properties? would you rebuild the iCalendar body using
the new value?

> i think this
> would be very helpful to get calendaring interoperable.
> i believe that storing calendar information in a
> content repository is the right way to go.
> serialization/deserialization to and from icalendar and
> icalendar-xml should be straight forward.
> i think the above should be undoubted.

i don't doubt it ;)

> once that is done we will have a generic way to
> bi-directionally access calendaring information
> through webdav.
> if someone feels compelled to then implement
> MKCALENDAR and the rest of CalDAV i think it
> should not be a lot of effort.

that is the approach that i have been homing in on, yes.