jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAAS support
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:53:03 GMT
Bertrand LEGA wrote:

<snip/>

> This is the point. I tried to use the following code to connect to the
> repository :
>
>        (1)
>
>        RepositoryConfig config = RepositoryConfig.create(
> configFilePath, repositoryPath ) ;
>        RepositoryImpl repository = RepositoryImpl.create(config) ;
>        Session session = null ;
>        session = repository.login(  );
>
> I didn't manage to get it worked. I'm not very used to jackrabbit for
> the moment, so I'm sure that I must have done something wrong.
> The truth is that the following code does work :
>
>        (2)
>
>        RepositoryConfig config = RepositoryConfig.create(
> configFilePath, repositoryPath ) ;
>        RepositoryImpl repository = RepositoryImpl.create(config) ;
>        Session session = null ;
>        System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config",
> "c:\\temp\\jaas.config" ) ;
>        session = repository.login(  );
>
> So I was under the impression that the support of JAAS was breaking
> the compatibility with older code.
> Could you confirm that the code in (1) still works fine ?

No, it currently doesn't work. But having pluggable authentication is
planned and should come soon. We're waiting for Jukka to finish the
ongoing configuration refactoring before adding this new feature.

BTW, if nobody objects, I volunteer for this change to exercise my
Jackrabbit committer status :-)

Sylvain