jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] add Dominique Pfister to Jackrabbit committers
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:09:30 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

>Naturally, only the votes coming from the incubator PMC and
>Jackrabbit committers currently listed on our project status
>page will be counted as binding.

+1 which is certainly non-binding.

Just a note from the Lenya-Wyona experience: It seems to me that
Dominique should try to become more transparent on the mailing list,
especially since he is also working for Day Software (some are more
equal ;-).

Also I think it is important to differentiate between PMC and committer.
I am not sure if Jackrabbit does this at the moment.

I think somebody should become quite easily a committer if providing
useable code on a regular basis, but "political" decisions are another
thing and
it normally takes longer to build trust so that one is able to recognize how
independent one's mind is.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner