jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand LEGA <bertrand.l...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: JAAS support
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:03:03 GMT

It seems that my comment was stripped (by Thunderbird ? I don't know )
So plesae, find below the description of the patch files sent earlier...

Hello,

I added the creation of the jaas config file if not present in the login
method.
In fact, the support for JAAS requires to set the env. variable, which
break compatibility with exiting applications (namely crx).
I'm not sure the login method is the best place to do so. Please advice,
if ti should go elsewhere.

So the code creates a jaasgenerated.config in the repository home dir if
the env. variable (java.security.auth.login.config) is not set, and set
the variable accordingly. So that applications that didn't use jaas
don't have to bother about this jaas specific stuff (variable+config file).

A better way would have been to look for a more suitable "configuration
reader" for jaas, but I didn't had time, and resent to add a dependency
to JackRabbit.

Let me know, if you find that interesting. I attach the patch just in case.

Regards,
Bertrand Lega.