jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Chained Persistence and Filesystem
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:41:51 GMT
Hi Edgar,

Edgar Poce wrote:
> I'm planning to make a ChainedPersistence and a ChainedFileSystem
> manager, both implementing the chain of responsibility pattern.

that's an interesting idea. I was recently thinking about a stacked
persistence manager (PM) that uses a persistent PM and has an in memory
PM on top of it. the use case behind that is to run jackrabbit off a
read-only filesystem but still being able to perform write operations.

> The general idea is to wrap the PersistenceManager in a persistence
> handler which delegates the call if a certain condition is satisfied.
> Initially, I would need a UriPersistenceHandler and a
> NodeTypePersistenceHandler.
>
> Is there any plan to include this feature in the short term? Is it a
> good approach?

We didn't discuss such a feature specifically, but I think it would make
an interesting contribution, that we might move to the core sometime.

cheers
  marcel