jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Ritchy <rob...@jarbo.com>
Subject Re: JCR-based wiki or weblog?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:46:05 GMT

I wrote the beginning of wiki-like app based on jsr-170/jackrabbit a
couple of months ago for my personal development projects (never
intended to take it any further). While I love the idea of a wiki, I've
never understood the need to learn a new, limited language for creating
web page content (=,==, !, etc.). So, after a surprisingly fruitless
attempt to find a lightweight, non-proprietary, wyswig solution (or even
a straight html editing approach), I just decided to waste a few days
and build it on top of jackrabbit.

It's been great so far, but I'd love to see a more full featured project
emerge somewhere. I have two minor outside dependencies. I used the look
and feel from the plone open source project (http://plone.org/) - which
is obviously optional.  And, I used htmlArea
(http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/) for the editor. HtmlArea
also provides straight html editing. Otherwise, there are no other
dependencies. I never got a chance to introduce obvious things like
versioning, recent changes or  a cool wiki/page hierarchy, but plan to
soon (unless I find a promising project out there).

Anyway, I'm only sending this link as a starting point of what I'd
personally love to see this type of application. I recently separated it
out from a bigger app, so there might be a broken link or two.  If
you're interested, you can login is demo/demo and create as you'd like
(wikis, pages, file attachments, etc.).

http://project.jarbo.com/project/ProjectWiki.jsp?projectName=Demo&wikiId=2

-robert