jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: VFS backed file system tests
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:01:36 GMT
Hi Edgar,

Edgar Poce wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I'm working on a Commons VFS backed file system for jackrabbit.
> VFS supports web-dav, ftp, sftp ... and I implemented a memory file
> system (#33795 bugzilla) which might be useful for testing.

sounds very cool.

> When I run the tests I get NotExecutableException in many of them, not
> only with VFS but also with o.a.j.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem.

NotExecutableExceptions are thrown by test cases that require some
precondition that is not met. e.g. the workspace does not contain enough
content to run the test. The same exception is also thrown for optional
'features'. that is, for example the RangeIterator.getSize() method. it
allows the implementation to return -1 to indicate that the value is not
available.

to sum up, nothing to worry about if a test cases throws a
NotExecutableException.

cheers
  marcel