jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brian Moseley (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (JCR-84) WebDAV LocatorFactoryImpl$Locator.getHref() constructs root resource URLs incorrectly
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:20:28 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-84?page=history ]

Brian Moseley updated JCR-84:
-----------------------------

    Attachment: location.patch

enclosed patch referenced in issue description.

> WebDAV LocatorFactoryImpl$Locator.getHref() constructs root resource URLs incorrectly
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: JCR-84
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-84
>      Project: Jackrabbit
>         Type: Bug
>  Environment: OS X 10.3.8 - cadaver 0.20.5 (client), Tomcat 5.0.28 (server)
>     Reporter: Brian Moseley
>     Priority: Blocker
>  Attachments: location.patch
>
> cadaver was reporting an error when i tried to open / in my repository's default workspace
at <https://localhost:8443/webdav/).
> in tracking down the problem, i saw something strange - the multistatus response's href
had an extra "/" tacked onto the end:
>   <D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:">
>     <D:response>
>       <D:href>https://localhost:8443/webdav//</D:href>
> WebdavServlet (rather, my subclass of it) is mapped as the default servlet of a webapp
mounted at /webdav. i've configured the WebdavServlet with a resource path prefix of "" (incidentally,
i'm not sure what that's meant to be used for - i see that when the value is not empty, it's
appended to the response's href, but i don't know in what circumstance that would be useful).
> when i requested a child node such as <https://localhost:8443/webdav/bcm>, the
response's href was formed as expected:
>   <D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:">
>     <D:response>
>       <D:href>https://localhost:8443/webdav/bcm/</D:href>
> i found that LocatorFactoryImpl$Locator.getHref() was adding the extra "/" since the
requested resource was a collection. i patched the method to not add the character when itemPath
== "/", and cadaver stopped complaining. all is well.
> i also patched WebdavServlet to default to an empty resource path prefix if one is not
specified as a servlet init parameter.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
If you want more information on JIRA, or have a bug to report see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message