jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: Pending changes
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:42:40 GMT
Hi,

Tobias Strasser answered:
> > I need to confirm something.  Let's say A is a node.  If I add three
> > nodes to A (A.addNode() x 3) and then do A.getNodes() I should get an
> > iterator with 3 nodes in it.
> correct.
>
> > Similarly, if node A has 3 nodes and I delete all three of them and then
> > do A.getNodes() I should get an iterator with 3 nodes in it.
> no, you will get an empty iterator, since the nodes were deleted.

:-)

To clarify: Within a single session, changes to repository content are
visible as soon as they are made. The save() method will validate your
changes against the node type constraints and persist the changes so
that also _other sessions_ can see them.

(If you use the optional transaction support, then saved changes are
persisted only when the transaction is committed.)

BR,

Jukka Zitting