jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: Javadocs (Was: Re: Adivce about session)
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:44:21 GMT
Hi,

I agree with Stefan; functionality and completeness first, documentation
later. :-) In addition, writing Javadocs for code that may well need to
be changed due to changing requirements is one of the more frustrating
and questionably useful tasks in software development.

However, it seems that (like the JSR 170 spec) Jackrabbit is stabilizing
and there is an existing need for better documentation. Thus, following
my proposal, I just created the Jira issue JCR-73 (Improve Javadoc
documentation) as a meta-issue for Javadoc improvements.

I gave the issue "Minor" priority and don't expect anyone to change
their own priorities because of the issue. I'll be making small Javadoc
improvements every now and then when I have some extra time (once a week
perhaps :-), and anyone is free to join me in this project.

BR,

Jukka Zitting