jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: JCR-based wiki or weblog?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:15:20 GMT

Thanks all for your ideas and suggestions!

I think I'll be taking a closer look at Lenya, as I'm already somewhat
familiar with it.

About the nodetype/namespace discussion: I think that as JCR gathers
mindshare, there will be increasing interest in defining standard
nodetype structures for various applications. (You can see the same
trend in virtually all semantic platforms - SGML/XML vocabularies, RDF
ontologies, Jini services, etc.)

While I think that standardized semantics is the holy grail of the IT
industry, there certainly is value in sharing design work and improving
interoperability through loose standardization. Therefore it might be
good to create some central registry of the various node type
definitions being used in various applications.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message